Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trail Rating: Ruby's Rubicon ****

I went to Ruby's off-road playground last Saturday with my wife. We visit the place for two reasons: a Landy event and to rate the trail there.

Ruby is a friend of ours that own a 25-hectare piece of land in Jonggol area (GPS coordinates: S 06*36.052' E 106*58.537', altitude 1,050 meters asl), West Java. He named the place as Rubicon Trail 4x4 because the place has challenges like the Rubicon in the USA.

Well, the trail is really challenging and provides lots of 4-wheeling fun. It has a steep hill climb, deep Vees, water lines, and some men-made obstacles. I ran the whole trail for about 3 hours in dry condition, and, believe me it would take at least 12 hours when rainy. Really fun!

Here is my rating for Ruby's: Overall: 4-star (****)

- Distance from Jakarta ***** (could go for one-day trip)
- Accommodation ***** (lodge and camping ground)
- Public facility ***
- Workshop/ Garage facility ****
- Trail *****
- Safety **** (some of the trails are not for novice and require winching)

Well folks, go and try the trail! You will love it. I'd love to try it when wet... :)

To see some of the pictures, click here